Classes have been building up BEAUTIFULLY over the past couple weeks, and I am so proud of my participants who are working their way towards 30 minutes of intervals/high intensity work. We’ve been adding 3-4 minutes on each week, and they are kicking ass. My goal was to create a group of strong, inspiring and fit participants going up to the holidays so we have some incredible role models for new students joining at the start of 2014. They are ROCKING it!
Here are two playlists from this week and last week, 20 and 24 minutes of work respectively. I’ve briefly outlined what to do if you’re following them.
And… for those of you holiday fanatics: I’ve started putting together my picks for cycling holiday music. I like upbeat, fun songs that embody the holiday spirit, and I will continue adding to the playlist as I find other jams I love :).
20 minutes HI work
- Thick Thick Combo Hill Climb: Push to Very Hard
- Combo Hill Climb: Start in Moderate work to Hard, pull back 45 seconds before end
- Tabata! in the saddle ** 20 minutes starts here!
- Out of the saddle pushes: 15x15x15, 10x10x10
- Seated Time Trials: 1-1:15 (3x)
- Out of the saddle pushes: 3 at 30 seconds each
- Seated Intervals: 30 sec, 45 sec **20 minutes ends here!
- Combo Rolling Hills (2)
- Thick Combo Hill Climb
24 minutes HI work
- Combo Hill Climb (build up to hard, pull back a bit at top)
- Rolling hills (up down, up down)
- 2 45-second intervals ** 24 minutes starts here
- Sprints (20 seconds-4x)
- 2 30-second intervals with moderate hill climb
- 45 seconds recovery into TABATA!
- 3-30 second intervals
- 2 final 45 second pushes up a high–can you take it higher? **Take 24 minutes straight to the end